It's hard to believe that it has already been 18 months since we first held this sweet little boy in our arms. He is growing up so quickly and keeps me busy! He can be very stubborn one minute and melt my heart by being super sweet the next minute. Either way, I love him to pieces and he makes my life so wonderful.
.jpg)
His Size and Sleep:
He now weighs 30 pounds. That's exactly what his big sister weighs, too.He is starting to wear 2T shirts and just moved into size 18-24 month pants. He sleeps from 8 p.m. until 8/8:30 a.m. and takes one nap in the afternoon for 2-3 hours.
His Food Loves:
His favorite food is spaghetti. If I have the refrigerator open and he sees the spaghetti sauce, he gets super excited and says "noodles" while pointing to the sauce. Yogurt and waffles are his favorite breakfast foods and he still loves every kind of fruit I offer. Surprisingly, he also loves broccoli. He has a major sweet tooth and would eat cookies, cupcakes, ice cream or suckers all day if I let him.
His Talk:
He is slower than Savannah was when it comes to talking, but he's starting to say more words now. He loves to point to animals in books and tell me what they are and/or make the sound that that animal makes. His most recent favorite word is "no". He has learned some baby signs and uses them often to communicate with us. I never taught any signing to Savannah, but Hudson has been learning this at his 'school' and it does come in handy. His favorite word to sign is "more"...usually in reference to food!

His Dislikes:
- Socks! He can't wait to get his socks off. When I pick him up from school, I take his shoes off and he instantly says "off!" while pointing to his socks.
- High chairs. Even at restaurants he just sits in the booth with us or in the chair like a big kid.
- Holding hands. This boy refuses to hold hands with anyone. Drives me crazy!
- Giving bear-hug Savannah and then tackle her to the ground. They both think it is hysterical and do it over and over again. She may still be a little bit bigger than him, but he is much stronger.
- Getting toilet paper and blowing his nose.
- Throwing things away. He will pick up something and say "trash" then head off to throw it away.
- Dancing! And boy does he have some silly dance moves!
- He has a
slightaddiction to our iPhones. He knows he to maneuver his way through the apps and play just want he wants. - Doing what Savannah does: brush his hair, wear headbands/bows, put on necklaces, push baby dolls in the stroller, etc. He will be getting a LOT of trucks and boy toys for Christmas. =)
- Playing outside and isn't afraid to climb up or slide down anything. He also likes playing with rocks.
- Books! He is perfectly happy with a pile of books to look at.
- Winnie the Pooh {and the rest of the crew} and Elmo are his favorite characters. He calls Elmo "mo-mo".
- Mr. Giraffe is still is absolute favorite!
His big sister means the world to him. Playing with her, aggravating her, being 'mothered' by her, "monster-trucking" her {that's what we call it when he pins her down and climbs all over her}, or sweetly loving on her. He thinks she is the best and tries so hard to do everything she does.
I usually get him out of bed in the morning first. After I get him dressed, he runs out of his room, bust the door open to Savannah's room and while screaming gibberish, he runs straight to her bed and tries to climb in to get her. Once I catch up to him, I put him in bed with her where he throws himself on her with the biggest smile on his face. And she loves every single minute of it! They really do get along great. Mostly because Savannah tolerates a lot and has one of the sweetest temperaments of any three yer old I know.

While you've only been in our world for a mere 18 months, you've managed to fill our hearts and home with love to last a lifetime. You are "all boy", adding a fun {sometimes challenging} twist to our family. I don't know what I would do without you and I thank God for every day that I get to love on you.
No comments:
Post a Comment