--- Back story---
In January, Caleb and I had attended the Dallas Safari Club Expo and as we drove home we talked about looking into possibly booking a safari to Africa. A safari is something Caleb has always wanted to do, but didn't imagine it would be possible for several years down the road. It didn't take him long to call a few references, check on pricing, etc. and before we knew it, we had booked a safari to South Africa for mid-September! There was a catch though in order for him to do this. We have always agreed that we would start a family after our 3 year wedding anniversary....that was this June! So, I told him that I was ready, really ready, to have a baby! His dream was to go to Africa...my dream was to have a baby. So we agreed. We would try to get pregnant as soon as we were back from Africa.
-----------------
I wanted to tell Caleb our exciting news in a fun way. It was hard and I was beaming on the inside, but I waited to tell Caleb at lunch. I went out and bought a little baby bib and card then wrapped it in a box with the pregnancy test. After he opened it, we both just sat on the couch smiling, crying a little and imaging our little baby. We are extremely excited to be pregnant... and that it happened the first month we tried. God knew I didn't want to wait any longer!
Below is the first picture of my "baby bump"....
No comments:
Post a Comment