This afternoon, we went to an outdoor birthday party for a little boy from our church. His name is Caleb and he turned one year old today. His mom told me that she would have a kiddie pool and that I should bring Savannah's swimsuit. I didn't really intent to put Savannah in the swimming pool, but I brought a swimsuit along just in case.
When other children are around, Savannah usually just likes to watch them, but is kinda clingy and I figured today would be no exception. I just knew I'd end up holding her the whole time we were there. But that wasn't the case...AT ALL! Savannah was the youngest baby there and therefore the only one who couldn't walk. She wanted nothing more than to get down and play with all the other kids. When she saw a couple of little girls splashing around and giggling in the pool, she wanted to join the fun!
At first, I just stood her on the side and let her watch. She and I both ended up being splashed a lot. The water was rather cold, but after she kept trying to climb over the edge into the water, I finally just lifted her over and let her stand in the water. Again, I thought that would make her realize she didn't really want to be in there. Not so. She kept trying to sit down (while in her skirt), so I went ahead and changed her into her swimsuit and let her sit in the water.
She absolutely LOVED it!! She was splashing around with the other "big" girls, playing with the rubber ducks and even took off crawling to the other side of the pool and pulled herself up to stand.
She played in the pool for most of the time we were at the party and loved every minute of it. Water in her face and all. Looks like we'll be buying a kiddie pool this week....especially since the weather is climbing into the 80's most days.
This summer is going to be SO fun with her and I can't wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment