For Thanksgiving this year, we headed down south a couple of hours to one of Caleb's aunt and uncle's house. We spent several hours with Caleb's side of the family. There was no shortage of food and we enjoyed being able to visit with the extended family.
One of Caleb's cousins has a little girl, Haven, who is just two months younger than Savannah. These two girls had a good time playing with Haven's toys (we were at her grandparents house) and just being cute!
Each year, we attempt taking their picture together, but we always wait until the later part of the day when they are tired and not so eager to sit for pictures. Anyways, here are a few that we managed to get.
Haven, touching Savannah's mouth...
Haven...patting Savannah's back...
We went to my parents house on the Sunday following Thanksgiving to be with my family. I had been sick Saturday night and still wasn't feeling up to par Sunday evening, so I didn't even get my camera out to take a single picture. We did have a good time with everyone and Savannah was well loved on! Here are just a few pictures that I took of Savannah in her turkey shirt. (She's holding the camera lens cap.)
One last thing about Thanksgiving. I made cards and cookies to give to her MDO teachers. For the cards, I wanted her to use paint to make a hand print that I could turn into a turkey. I SO wish I had recorded the process of getting her hand print. It was not easy. I should have known that the girl who HATES to have anything on her hands would NOT be eager to stick her hand in a plate of paint.
After trying to couch her into laying her hand in the paint, I realized I was going to have to demonstrate. I dipped my finger in the brown paint and them made finger prints on a piece of paper. I did this several times and then tried to get her to touch it. Nope, not happening. So I continued showing her how "fun" it was to touch the paint. Slowly, she decided to touch my finger which had the paint on it. Then touch the paper. And then, as if I just snapped my finger, she decided to lay her whole hand in the paint and place it gently on the card. She did it once, and then twice and then was SO excited! She wanted to do it again and again. I had already planned to also make these hand print cards for mine and Caleb's parents, so she was able to make four hand prints. Here is the finished product:
The cookies I made for her teachers were "turkeys". That's what is in the tin can.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our families and friends and hope you did as well!


OK, those are the cutest turkeys I've ever seen! Great idea!
ReplyDelete:) Thanks, Jamie!
ReplyDelete