Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Savannah's Big News

She's going to be a...
BIG SISTER!!!
We were more than excited in September when we learned that we were expecting another baby and joining the two-under-two "club"!! We waited just a couple of weeks before having all of our family over for a Sunday lunch and making our big announcement. My parents, Caleb's parents, both of our grandma's, all of my siblings, my sister-in-law, Caleb's brother, plus a couple of friends...16 in all.  I'm sad to say, I didn't take any pictures of everyone over. I was convinced they all knew something was going on! 

After lunch, we had everyone gather around the table to see cookies that I had made in my cake decorating class. I brought Savannah out in her "Big Sis" outfit as the cookies were being brought out. Here are the cookies that my sister-in-law, Joy, and I made the day before.
They were sugar cookies decorated as baby carriages.

Everyone was super surprised and had no clue we had invited them all over to make such an announcement. We are all excited about adding another little one to our family! And if you'll notice in the pictures below, Savannah is pretty excited, too!



So, now that the word is out, let me update you on my pregnancy up until this point. I am using the same birthing center and mid-wife as I did with Savannah and plan to have a natural, drug-free delivery. My due date is May 28 --- less than 3 weeks before Savannah's 2nd birthday! I am 17 weeks and 3 days along as of today.

I started feeling nauseous around week 6. That lasted until about week 15, but wasn't an everyday issue. I'd feel sick for a few days and then go a day or two without feeling bad at all. I've had a severe aversion to Mexican food. This is not good for our little family who eats Mexican food of some sort several times a week. I haven't felt as tired as I did when I was pregnant with Savannah. That's a really good thing seeing as how this time I have a toddler to keep up with. 

My first visit to the mid-wife was on November 11. We got to hear the heartbeat which was beating strong at 170 beats per minute. Our first sonogram was on November 15, I was 12 weeks and 2 days along at that point. We got to see two little arms, two little legs and that strong heartbeat of 171 bpm. Seeing the tiny baby on the screen made me teary-eyed just as it did when I got to see Savannah on a sonogram for the first time. To think that a new life is growing inside me is such an amazing thing and I am SO thankful that I am getting to experience this miracle of life again. 


Now, I am feeling the thumps and kicks of this little one moving all around daily. A feeling that always puts a smile on my face! Caleb was even able to feel several strong kicks a few days ago for the first time. We are beyond excited about welcoming a new baby into our family and we're excited to find out the gender next month. 

Please keep us and this new little bundle of joy in your prayers as we go through this pregnancy and life as the parents of two!

No comments:

Post a Comment