This age is so. much. fun. and goes by so quickly. The changes that happen in one short month make me wish this stage of life would last just a tiny bit longer so I'd have more time to soak up every little thing.
While I am ready for more sleep, more flexibility in my day and all the fun things that come as a baby gets older, right now, I just want to squeeze in all the mid-night cuddles as possible with this little guy, while he is still small enough to do so. I want to savor the sweet sound of his coos and the sight of his little head, with a beaming smile, peeping through the crib rails when he wakes up from his daytime naps that keep me home most of the day. And I want to mentally record the cute little things that he will only do as a baby. Because while I might get frustrated at having my sleep interrupted by cries or my days be "boring" at home, I know that I wouldn't trade a second of the time that I have with this baby boy!
Six Month Stats:
Weight: 18 pounds 12.5 ounces (53rd percentile)
Height: 2 feet, 4 inches (87th percentile)
Clothing: Size 6-9 months in most things
Diapers: Size 3 {the same size as Savannah and she's 2.5 years old}
Sleeping Habits:
Things have been a little wacky ever since the time change last month. I think we're finally getting back into a routine which is: wake between 7 and 7:30 {even though I'd love for this time to be 8:00 or later}. He's down to two naps a day now. Morning nap from 9:15-10:45 and an afternoon nap from 1:30-3:00. Bedtime is between 6:30 and 7:00. He wakes for one feeding during the 5:00 hour.
Developmental:
He can roll anywhere and everywhere! He army crawls like a mad man always trying to keep up with his big sister, Savannah. He is able to get up on all 4's and rock back and forth. I'm really hoping he doesn't start crawling until after Christmas {just one more thing that I wish I had a pause button for}. He can sit up (unassisted) like a champ which opens the door to so many fun things! He has more facial expressions that show his wonderful personality.
Fun Facts:
He puts everything directly into his mouth {this is not so much "fun" as it is "fact"}. He likes to make noise by banging whatever is in his hand on to a hard surface {typical boy?}.
Hudson ~
Happy Half Birthday! You are perfect for our family in every way possible. I love how adventurous you already are and am bracing myself for the things to come because of this. I am thankful for how healthy you are and for always being such a happy baby. You fill our hearts and home with SO much love and laughter! You are loved so much, my sweet boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment