Monday, November 28, 2011

Introducing Solids


 As I did with Savannah, I waited until Hudson was six months old before introducing him to solid foods {purees}. To be honest, I haven't really been excited to do purees with Hudson like I was with Savannah. It is another step in the feeding process and is something that obviously takes time for a baby to conquer. So, I'd much rather just nurse and then move straight to finger foods! 

But, that's not the way it works, so I started making purees for Hudson and fed him his first bites. I've made sweet potatoes, avocados and mango for him. He did pretty good with his first few bites of sweet potato. He made several ugly faces when we tried the avocado. The mango didn't seem to phase him one way or another. 





Hopefully we find something that he loves and maybe he'll move on to eating finger foods quickly! :)


1 comment:

  1. Haha, soo soo funny, I am the same way with Tirzah. I seriously have been feeding her almost only applesauce and finger foods. But realized that wasn't a great idea when I saw her cousin eating veggie baby food and thought I should do the same. So she's being forced to learn to eat veggies though she is spoiled on fruit! It is so much easier to just nurse then turn them loose on what they can eat. She will eat anything we allow her to...

    ReplyDelete