Friday, December 26, 2008

Week 15 - Our big announcement!!

This week was Christmas and we finally got to tell everyone our big news! My family always spends Christmas Eve at my grandparents house. We just have late afternoon snacks and exchange Christmas gifts. We saved my parents gift for last and had them open it together. It included, a navel orange to represent the size of the baby at this time, a bib/outfit that reads "I love grandma" and "I love grandpa", and a picture frame that reads "mom + dad = me". The orange was the first thing they opened (which confused them), then the picture frame, then the bib/outfit. We videotaped them opening it and their expressions are priceless! Afterward, I had to call my brother Kevin, who was in Washington state for work, to tell him the news. We have that conversation on video as well.

On Christmas day, Caleb's family celebrated Christmas at his aunt/uncle's house. There are always so many people there so it's really loud! We did the same gift for his parents and we videotaped when they opened it, too. Watch the video below.


Everyone was so excited to hear our news! I'm glad we were able to surprise them. Joy told me later that although she didn't guess that I really was pregnant, she was going to tell me I needed to either let her know that I was or lay off the pizza because she could tell I was gaining weight. And Parker blurted out, "Amy, is that why you're wearing that big, baggy shirt?"

No comments:

Post a Comment