Last night was a bitter-sweet night for me. Savannah is a just a little over 3 months old now and we made the "big move" by letting her sleep in her own "big girl bed". In her own room. At the complete opposite end of the house from our room. Up until last night, she has been sleeping in the portable crib about 3 feet from where I sleep. I am a light sleeper, so when she was in our room, I would hear every move and every sigh...you would think I would have moved her to her own room sooner! But I didn't want to. I wasn't so much worried about something happening to her during the night, I just liked knowing that she was close. She's just growing up so fast! I knew it was time to make this move though. From what I've heard from my friends with newborns, they made this move closer to when their baby was 2 months old.
I will admit, it was a good night. I slept well because I only heard her when she was really awake and not all the wiggling around that she does! I slept with the monitor right beside my pillow. I woke up when she cried for her usual 5am feeding and then she slept until 8:30. That's when I heard her "talking". And that, that is the best sound in the world to wake up to!
This is where she is when we put her to bed (although she is normally wrapped in the blanket better)....

And this is where I find her in the morning...she wiggles her way down to the other end of her bed about half way out of the blanket!
No comments:
Post a Comment