Yesterday, I took Savannah with me to visit her. I am so happy that she moved here so that she was able to meet her one and only (so far) great-grandchild. She held Savannah for a while and Savannah seemed to really focus on her. We had a nice little visit and plan to go to see her often. I tried to take a picture, but my grandma asked if I'd wait 'til next time when she was dressed nicer. When we got there, she was taking a nap, so hopefully I'll have a picture in a week or so.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
A Special Visit and Cute Gift
This past weekend, my grandma (my dad's mom) moved down here to Texas from St. Louis. This has been in the works for several years. She lived alone in the house that she raised my dad and uncle in. Although she isn't able to drive, due to her poor eye sight, she is still able to get around well with the help of a walker. There is no family up there to help her, so she moved into an assisted living home just a few miles from my parents house.
Yesterday, I took Savannah with me to visit her. I am so happy that she moved here so that she was able to meet her one and only (so far) great-grandchild. She held Savannah for a while and Savannah seemed to really focus on her. We had a nice little visit and plan to go to see her often. I tried to take a picture, but my grandma asked if I'd wait 'til next time when she was dressed nicer. When we got there, she was taking a nap, so hopefully I'll have a picture in a week or so.
This evening, Caleb brought home a gift that a couple of his patients from the clinic made for us (for Savannah). I haven't met these patients, but it was so thoughtful of them to make this gift. They made two pillows using some of the pictures of Savannah and the colors of her room. Personalized gifts are so nice and we really think these pillows are cute!
Yesterday, I took Savannah with me to visit her. I am so happy that she moved here so that she was able to meet her one and only (so far) great-grandchild. She held Savannah for a while and Savannah seemed to really focus on her. We had a nice little visit and plan to go to see her often. I tried to take a picture, but my grandma asked if I'd wait 'til next time when she was dressed nicer. When we got there, she was taking a nap, so hopefully I'll have a picture in a week or so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment