A circus came to town this week...to our little ol' town! I knew I had to take Savannah because I was sure she would LOVE it. The circus was only here on Tuesday for two show times (4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.). Caleb was at work during the first show time and the second show time was pretty much Savannah's bedtime (and Caleb would be working until about 8:00 that night) so I decided to take her on my own to the 4:30 show.
I had no idea if this would be a "good" circus or how long it would last. I really didn't know much about it all... just that I wanted to take Savannah for something fun and different to do. I invited a couple of my friends with kids Savannah's age, but they both said there was no way their child would sit and watch a circus, so they passed on coming. The night before the circus, I told my sister she should come and bring our two youngest brothers and she said she would.
The gates opened at 3:30 and Savannah and I were there by about 3:45...I wanted to get a good seat. :) Once we were there, I realized there was a lot to do other than just going into the hot tent to sit and wait. There was a little train ride, a pony ride, you could feed the animals, ride an elephant or camel, and play games. Savannah was too young to do any of this, but she enjoyed being able to watch it all and see the animals.
Funny story about this picture:
If you'll notice, the man in the picture above has a rather large beard. I was holding Savannah while we waited for my sister and little brothers to arrive. We were standing about 30 feet from this booth when Savannah all of a sudden points at the man and says in the most excited voice, "NOAH!!!"
Haha...she loves to read story books about Noah and the Ark. We have several different ones and read at least one of them a day. Now, whenever she sees a man with a big beard, she exclaims "Noah!" I love it!
We were excited for the show to begin! Savannah just sat mesmerized by most of it.
The acrobatics were first, followed by the dog show.
Savannah especially loved watching the dogs!
I think watching the elephants was most entertaining for us all.
The circus ended up being two hours long. Savannah didn't really move for the first thirty minutes... she just took in all that was going on. There was an intermission after the first hour and during the second hour, Savannah liked walking up and down the row we were sitting on and playing with Parker and Landon. She did great through the whole thing and we had a great time making memories at her first circus!
No comments:
Post a Comment