Thursday, March 17, 2011

Picnic Date and Ducks


As I said in the last post, we're taking advantage of a little more "daddy-time" this week and the pretty weather. Today, we went to a local park for a picnic and to feed the ducks. We packed a lunch in the picnic basket and brought some bread for the ducks. I was excited to spend more time with my husband and little girl outside!

It was a cloudy and windy day, which made it pretty cool by the pond, but once the sun came out, it felt great! We laid a blanket out under the trees and enjoyed our lunch while watching the ducks in the pond. 
 




After lunch, we tried feeding the ducks, but they weren't as interested as they have been in the past.



There really are a lot of ducks at this pond and they aren't afraid of people. They will walk close to us or just lay still as we got close to them. And surprisingly enough, Savannah isn't afraid of them at all and loves to get as close as possible to throw bread to them.







I enjoyed walking around with Savannah or just watching her have fun and be silly. I love days like these!










I look forward to having many more days like these with my wonderful husband, sweet little girl and soon, our baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment