When I got Savannah out of bed this morning, I asked her what we were going to do today {we had no plans}. Excited, she exclaimed "go get ice cream!!!". I'm not sure where that idea came from, but it sounded like a good one to me.
Hudson's morning did not go as planned. Yesterday, he only got a 30 minute nap {and that was in the car}. He went to bed at 7:30 and woke up at 9:00. I thought that had us back on our 'normal' routine, but he had other plans.
I tried to put him down for his morning nap at 11:00 and he wanted nothing to do with it. So I just let him play more and then eat lunch. Finally, at 12:30, he decided he would easily go down for his nap. I had hoped this nap would be extra long {longer than his normal 1.5-2 hour nap}.
Nope. I didn't get so lucky. He was awake by 2:00. All morning he was cranky and I didn't have it in me to deal with that all afternoon.
So, I told Savannah to get her shoes on and we were going to get ice cream.
She was so excited!
As bad as it may be, Hudson loves ice cream, too! So we had ourselves a fun little ice cream date and it made us all happy!


See, Hudson gets serious about some ice cream!
Afterwards, I got brave and decided to take both kids to Wal-Mart {not my favorite place} to get a few groceries. Not the most enjoyable thing I've ever done. Savannah decided she needed to go potty about 10 minutes after we got into Wal-Mart. The thought of her using those disgusting toilets make my stomach turn, but I couldn't make her hold it or let her pee in her panties.
So, I grabbed my purse and Hudson out of the cart and into the gross restroom we went. Thankfully, Hudson stood still and didn't try to play with anything. We were in and out of there as fast as possible.
After that little hurdle, Hudson proceeded to say 'Uhhh...ehhh...uhhh...ehhh' and pointing to
E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G! And then anything that he spotted that was remotely round, he said 'Ba...ba...ba..ball...' while trying to reach as far as possible in effort to grab whatever the 'ball' was. For example, the huge watermelon that I put in our cart! Oh, that boy sure does keep me busy. He also thinks he needs to hold anything I pick up to add to the cart. Or eat the yogurt that I was buying for him.
I was glad when we were out of there and on our way home, but I can't wait for another ice cream my my little cuties!
No comments:
Post a Comment