Saturday, April 27, 2013

Twenty-Nine On The 29th

Caleb planned a surprise night away for the two of us the weekend of my birthday. Savannah will be four in June, and I haven't had a full 24 hours away {kid-free} since she was born. *gasp!* He booked our stay-vacation just an hour away at a place called Spa Castle and he lined up my sister, Abby, to watch the kids. 

*I didn't take my camera since I wasn't going to have any kids to take pictures of, so all of these pictures are courtesy of my iPhone.



We packed our bags and headed out the door around noon on Friday. Our first stop was for lunch.

Then, he took me to do a little shopping before heading to our hotel.


When we walked into our room, I was amazed at how modern it was. I have never stayed in a hotel like this!




The room key was credit card-like, but inside the room, on the wall next to the door, there was a slot to put your room key card in. The key card had to be in this slot in order for the lights and electrical outlets to work.

We quickly put on our swimsuits and spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing in the jetted pools and hot tubs. This "blue" pool had different bays to sit or stand in while strong jets massaged your body.

This "green" pool {which was only green because of the tile used on the pool bottom} had the seats with jets, but also a small lazy river.

Inside, there were several hot tubs and the jetted lounge chairs.

There was also an indoor swim-up bar with tables in the pool area and a sushi bar just off to the side {not pictured}.


There were 7 or 8 saunas here and we stepped into each of them. Some had cot-like beds to lay on, some just had benches to sits on, and some were just empty.


 

The sauna temperatures started at 140F and the hottest one was 190F degrees! 

The "caution HOT" sign was very appropriate! As soon as we stepped in the room, we could hardly breathe. My face was instantly burning, as if I had a 3rd degree sunburn and within seconds, I felt as if the skin was melting off my body! WHO would voluntarily put themselves through such torture...and WHY?!

Before heading out for dinner, Caleb got a foot massage while I had a "milk and honey body wrap." That was an interesting experience, to say the least!


Meanwhile, Abby was taking GREAT care of our babies! After Hudson woke up from his nap, she took them to eat dinner at Chick-fil-a. Followed by an ice cream stop at Cherry Berry and a little play time at the park {which Savannah now refers to as "Aunt Abby's Park"}.







Caleb did such a great job planning something so nice for my birthday! It was nice getting to sleep in {only made it to 9 a.m.} and only have to worry about getting myself ready for the day. Caleb and I enjoyed a nice brunch out, then a little more shopping before making our way home around 2 p.m.

Abby said the kids were great, slept well and had fun! It was a much needed and very enjoyable time away!

1 comment: