Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013

We had several Halloween events to attend this year and definitely got a lot of wear out of the costumes. Savannah had been saying for weeks that she wanted to be Ariel {from The Little Mermaid}, but I was having a hard time finding a costume in her size. Then one day, while out shopping, she spotted a Snow White costume and decided that is what she wanted to be. She's never seen that movie, so I was surprised, but at the same time really loving her new choice!

I figured this would be my last year to have much say in what Hudson's costume would be and I love for them to be from the same story. So even though Hudson told everyone he was going to be Mickey Mouse, he was actually a Dwarf. And he played the role of all seven dwarfs!


I just love that Savannah will wear a wig because to me, that changes her look SO much and that's my favorite part of Halloween costumes. She was pretty excited about wearing red lipstick and Hudson really liked his ax.

We started our Halloween fun on the Saturday before Halloween. Our town had trick-or-treating through downtown at the businesses. Keifer and Joy joined us and it was fun seeing so many people we know. The weather was great up until the very end when the winds picked up and then it started pouring rain. We hurried into the local pizza place for dinner and that was a nice end to the evening.



On Halloween day, the kids had a party at school. I made little snacks for the each of their parties. Mini oranges {peeled} to look like pumpkins. Also, pretzel sticks with marsh mellows stuck on each end and the whole thing dipped in white chocolate to look like bones. Of course I stole both ideas from Pinterest!



Hudson and his favorite teacher's assistant, Ms. Tasha{aka a minion}



Savannah's class got to go around to trick-or-treat at the local businesses {again}.


Savannah and her sweet girlfriends: Ranly {Rapunzel}, Gracie {Tinkerell} and Avigail {Ariel}.


Savannah's class left to right:
Ms. Betsy, Avigail, Gracie, Collin, Finian, Abram, Isabelle, Carter, Liam, Savannah, Ranly and Ms. Natalie.





She was happy to see her daddy!


After all the school fun, I took the kids home early so Hudson could get in a longer nap. Because after his nap, we had yet another Halloween party to attend. This time with our church friends for a big cookout! There were over 60 people and a ton of food. There was a place to carve pumpkins, paint pumpkins, make crafts, and even a piƱata at the end of the evening.
Left to right: Hadley, Callie, Savannah, Myer, Hudson and Emma.
There were a lot of kiddos!


We got to ride on the golf cart to do a little more trick-or-treating.





It was a fun week, a fun day with family and lots of friends! Now, to throw out all of this candy!!

1 comment: