Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday

A whole year has passed in the blink of an eye and my "baby" is now a one year old! When I think back to the days leading up to her birth, I remember being so anxious and excited to finally meet my little girl. And then the night I was in labor, I was overwhelmed with feelings of "this is IT!" Remembering the moment her warm little body was laid on my chest can still bring me to tears. So tiny. So perfect. The baby that I had prayed for, I was now holding in my arms...a tiny miracle of life.
During this past year, I've learned a lot. I've had sleepless nights and shed some tears, but I'd do it all over in a heartbeat to experience all the fun memories and love this little girl the way I love her: unconditionally! I am so thankful for every day with her!!



Now, has Savannah been doing during this past month before her big birthday? Here are some of the highlights:
- She is learning to eat more and more "real" food and is down to just 3 bottles a day. We'll be making the switch to non-pasteurized goats milk within the next week or two. 
- She took her very first step today!! Although it was only one step, she'll be walking in no time, I'm sure!
- She is a very "organized" little girl. She puts things where they belong (toys in the basket, lid on the bottle, etc.) and knows that "this" goes with "that". Miss Smarty Pants!
- She points the remote control towards the t.v. and holds our cell phones up to her hear. 
- She blows kissed.
- She loves to stand on her own. She can go from a sitting position to standing without ANY assistance from a person or thing. 
- She has SEVEN teeth! Four on the top and three on the bottom. The fourth bottom one is about to break through and I think that's just the beginning of several more teeth because she's been chewing on her fingers a lot. 


And she is just as cute as EVER!!!



Giving her teddy bear a kiss.


"Look at me! I'm so big!"


Today is a little bitter-sweet for me, but nonetheless, I am SO excited to see what this next year (and many, many years to come) has in store.
Happy birthday, to me sweet angel, Savannah! I love you!!! ~ Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment