Thursday, June 17, 2010

One Year Well-Visit

Savannah hasn't been to the pediatrician since she was five months old, but took her today for her one year well-visit and she's as healthy as can be! During this first year of her life: Savannah has been adjusted weekly (or more often) by her daddy, has not had any vaccinations, has not had any medications (prescription OR over-the-counter...nope, not even Tylenol), and hasn't been sick!
Her statistics are:
Weight: 19 pounds 6 ounces (23rd percentile)
Height: 29 inches (49th percentile)
Head: 18 inches (73rd percentile)

My only concern has been that she doesn't seem to eat a large amount of "real" food at each feeding. For breakfast, she does great with a blueberry waffle or apple cereal bar. Lunch is usually just a little of whatever I am eating. And dinner she doesn't seem interested in at all. She's been on four bottles a day, but I'm starting to cut back to just three in hopes that she'll eat more solid food. The doctor wasn't concerned at all. She said Savannah is gaining weight just fine and is proportionate. 

I told the doctor how much Savannah loves to organize, group things and put things where they belong. She told me that because of this, it could indicate that Savannah will be able to be potty trained at an early age. She said that if she can already understand that "this" goes with "that" or toys go here, etc. then it won't be hard for her to understand that pee-pee and poo go in the potty. This made me excited!!

Since we don't do vaccinations, I thought I was going to walk away from this appointment without needles or Savannah crying. Nope. I was informed that on the one year well-visit, they do a finger prick to test for anemia. Because this is the age of transitioning from mostly milk to mostly solids, it can be a time that a baby might become anemic. Sooo, the nurse came in and pricked Savannah's finger while I held her. She didn't cry at all though...barely even whined...but she didn't like having the band-aid on her finger. And the good news is, she's not anemic! :)


We are so thankful, every day, for such a healthy baby that God has blessed us with! We pray for many, many more years of her good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment