About two weeks ago, Caleb, Savannah and I took a little drive to a small little town about 25 miles from where we live to buy goats milk. It's a little farm that sells fresh, non-pasteurized goats milk along with all kinds of vegetables. We wanted to get this milk for Savannah rather than the cows milk you buy at the store. It's better for her (and anyone, really) for many reasons.
Below is a picture of the little dairy and produce shop.
Inside the shop, to the far left are two huge refrigerators full of goats milk.They sell the milk in half-gallons, so we bought 4 (2 gallons total).
Lots of fresh produce!
After buying the milk, we drove around back to see the goats! I think I counted about 30 goats.
It didn't take them long to come over to the fence. Savannah wasn't sure what to think of them at first, but they sure did like her!
Check out the look on her face! This cracks me up when she does that!!
Such a fun experience! Savannah has been drinking the goats milk for just over 2 weeks now and seems to love it. I'm so glad we have the knowledge and opportunity to give her milk that is actually good for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment