Thursday, September 9, 2010

Daily Vitamins and Oganization

I like to think that Savannah is an extremely healthy child. She is adjusted weekly and not in a day-care type environment to "catch" too many germs. Nonetheless, she is now taking vitamins daily. I'm not talking about the Flintstones, fruity-flavored vitamins either. She's taking whole food, natural vitamins by Standard Process and she LOVES them!
 
Twice a day, she chews up four Cyrofood (multi-vitamin) and two Omega 3 (Fish Oil) vitamins.
 

This is a picture from the other day when she had some bloomers on her head. She walked around for hours like this....seriously! Goofy girl!

I stumbled across a few blogs about decoration and organization last night. I got inspired! First, to organize and then I'll focus on the decorating. So, today while Savannah napped, I tackled a few closets. I made a quick run to the dollar store to buy some storage boxes first. I had already pulled out most of her summer clothes (since we don't have much summer left) and all the clothes that she has outgrown. In the past, I would have just piled them into a random empty box or plastic bag and stuff them in the guest bedroom closet. But today, I got serious. I sorted her clothes into "winter" and "summer", then put away and labeled them in a storage box. 
My next place to organize was our hall/coat closet. It's a big mess! All of our gift wrapping "stuff" filled the bottom of the floor in this closet and was always a pain to get in to.

(BEFORE)


So, I drug it all out and got started. I folded the tissue paper, straightened the gift bags, folded the boxes and put each thing in the new storage box it belonged in. We have over 100 gift bags! Baby, Birthday, Christmas, Wedding, Wine and many more. I think it's safe to say I should not have to ever buy gift bags (I hope!). I labeled the boxes and put them back neatly in the closet.

(AFTER)
It feels so good to have these things put neatly away and easily accessible. My next mission is to organize the pantry. And I don't just mean straighten it up a little, I mean get a "system" going to help keep it organized! I'm excited to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment