Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Laundry and a "New" Pantry

Savannah always gets real curious about what I am doing when I start putting dirty clothes into the washing machine. I sit her on top of the dryer to watch me and she likes to help toss clothes in the washer. Today, as I was moving clothes from the washer into the dryer, she came walking into the laundry room and immediately started to "help" by pulling wet clothes out of the dryer. I tried to show her to put them in the dryer, but I guess she didn't like that idea because she continued to take them out.



Then, she found one of her little socks...



And had to sit down and try to put it on her foot...with her shoe on!

I got started on my pantry project this week...and finished it within four days of starting! Not too bad. Like I said, I found a couple blogs that have have inspired me. It was this post by Decor Chick that sparked my interest in a pantry make-over. And so it began...
Here are a couple of before pictures:


Then, with the help of my husband, we cleared it all out!



And piled it all in the laundry room.


My sweet sister, Abby, helped me paint the walls.


Once the paint was dry and I had all the new containers I needed, I put everything back in it's NEW place.


I also added a little rope trim to the shelves to add a little detail.

I love the look of my new pantry and it was a fun project!

No comments:

Post a Comment