When I first learned I was pregnant, Caleb and I would tell Savannah "mommy has a baby in her belly". Considering the size of my belly hadn't changed yet, she just looked completely confused and then would run off to get HER baby doll. Obviously, she had no idea what we were talking about and has no idea what changes that means for our family.
One day last week, Savannah was with me in my bathroom as I got dressed for the day. When I walked out of the closet, dressed for the day, Savannah looked at me just a little different than normal. Then she walked up to me and reached up pointing at my belly.
I told her that her baby brother was in there and she said "yeah!". Then she proceeded to pat my belly and smile.
Ever since that day, whenever we talk to her about "the baby in mommy's belly" she seems to understand and responds by touching my belly in some way. She now loves to hug, pat and kiss my belly! She gets excited when we tell her she is going to have a baby brother...if only she knew how this will affect her life. :) If we ask her to hug or kiss the baby, she eagerly does it with a huge smile on her face!
I finally took the time to actually take a few belly pictures at 22 weeks pregnant and Savannah took the opportunity to love on her baby brother!
It makes me smile to see how she is already learning to love on her baby brother and I pray that their brother-sister bound will be amazing....for life!
No comments:
Post a Comment