In what seems like the blink of an eye, another whole month as past by and my sweet baby boy is growing ever so quickly! We opted out of taking him to his two month well visit with the pediatrician. We don't do vaccinations and we don't have any concerns, so why take him somewhere that is full of sickness and germs just to be told he is just fine? I am, however, thankful to have the baby scale that my mother-in-law gave me after Savannah was born because it is fun to know how much Hudson weighs month to month. His stats for this month are:
Weight: 13 pounds, 2 ounces (79th percentile)
Height: 23 inches (52nd percentile)
Weight: 13 pounds, 2 ounces (79th percentile)
Height: 23 inches (52nd percentile)
(Because we didn't go to the pediatrician, I got this percentile info from an online growth calculator)
He is finally starting to get into a daily routine. First feeding is usually between 5 and 6 a.m. Then he sleeps another 4 hours or so. Each feeding after that is every 2.5 to 3.5 hours with 3-5 ounces at each feeding. He has 4-5 naps per day (usually 1-1.5 hours after eating) and each nap lasts 1-2 hours. The last feeding of the day is at 8:30 (give or take 15 minutes) and he is typically in bed by 9:30. He does really well at putting himself to sleep, but being swaddled is a must! Sometimes he wakes up around 3 or 4 in the morning, not because he is hungry or needs his paci, but because he has "broken free" of the swaddle blanket and his arms are waving all over the place!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Facts about you:
~ You hate having a dirty diaper. As soon as I start to change you, you flash one of your big, sweet grins!
~ You love to just lay on your back looking around.
~ You still aren't a fan of being in your car seat unless we're driving.
~ You love to hold onto things (burp clothes, blankets, my shirt or yours, my hair, etc.) and have a strong grasp.
~ You are really starting to coo.
~ You are getting good at holding up your head.
~ You moved out of newborn size diapers and into size 1 diapers within days after turning one month old. I have a feeling you'll be moving on to size 2 very soon!
~ You are wearing size 0-3 month clothing.
~ You still nap and sleep at night in your pack 'n play in my bedroom, but at least you are good at going to sleep without a paci and on your own.
~ You have several nicknames. Savannah calls you "Huds-ee". Some family members call you "Huds". I like to call you "my chunky monkey" or "Mr. Porky". All of your nicknames are said with love and I think Savannah's is the cutest of them all.
~ You moved out of newborn size diapers and into size 1 diapers within days after turning one month old. I have a feeling you'll be moving on to size 2 very soon!
~ You are wearing size 0-3 month clothing.
~ You still nap and sleep at night in your pack 'n play in my bedroom, but at least you are good at going to sleep without a paci and on your own.
~ You have several nicknames. Savannah calls you "Huds-ee". Some family members call you "Huds". I like to call you "my chunky monkey" or "Mr. Porky". All of your nicknames are said with love and I think Savannah's is the cutest of them all.
To My Sweet Hudson -
You are such a good baby! I love all
of your sweet coos, warm cuddles, tired cries, and toothless grins! I
love the soft baby smell you have after a bath and your smooth baby
skin. I love the way you can now focus at my face. I love everything
about you so much more than you'll ever know!
No comments:
Post a Comment