Earlier this week, Caleb offered to stay home with Hudson on Saturday so that I could take Savannah out for a little "mommy time." Of course I couldn't say "no" to something like that and I spent the rest of this week looking forward to today!
The first stop of the day was going to see the new Winnie the Pooh movie in the movie theater. This would be Savannah's very first movie theater experience and I was super excited about taking her! Savannah watches Curious George, Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes and a few other animated movies, but Winnie the Pooh hasn't been one of them. So, while at my parents house yesterday, we borrowed a few Winnie the Pooh books that my mom had from when my brothers and I were little. Caleb read the books to Savannah just before bed last night to "prepare" her for the movie and she kept saying "I go see Pooh tomorrow." She was ready to go see the movie with me.
The movie started at 10:55 this morning and Savannah was such a big girl holding my hand walking up to the building and into the theater for Winnie the Pooh. She even held her own movie ticket and gave me a BIG "cheese" face just before going in to find a seat.
She wasn't a fan a sitting in her own seat because it folded up on her, so she ended up sitting on my lap for the whole movie. Luckily, it was only one hour long.
Sadly, the movie was extremely slow and boring. I don't think she was really in to it, but she sat quietly through the whole movie. And she knew where our next stop was going to be:
Or, "chick a lay" as Savannah calls. This is her favorite place to eat and she will easily eat an 8 piece chicken nugget meal by herself (no, french fries...she doesn't like french fries). We enjoyed our little lunch date and she gave me lots of hugs as we sat here eating.
(I saw a friend while we were there, so she took this picture for us).
After we filled our bellies, we did a little shopping...for Savannah. A local boutique was having a big sale on the spring and summer clothing that we (I) just couldn't pass! Then we headed home to see our boys and this is how I found Savannah when I went to get her out of her car seat.
I guess our "date" wore her out, so I took her in and laid her in bed for a little nap. When she woke, I gave her the shopping bags because she loves to get all the new things out to look at.
I sure did enjoy spending so much time with just me and Savannah and I think she did, too! I am so very thankful to Caleb for offering to let me have this experience today and I'm also glad that Hudson was great while I was gone. I can't wait to have another mommy-daughter date with my favorite little two-year-old!


No comments:
Post a Comment