Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

 
For Halloween this year, I wanted to dress the kids in costumes that coordinated. Caleb suggested a couple of months ago that Savannah be Dorothy and Hudson be the Lion from The Wizard of Oz. I wasn't sold on that idea immediately, but I looked into it and also to see what other options I could find.

Well, the Dorothy costumes I found were so darn cute that I couldn't find anything to compare! And Hudson as a lion would be easy, which was good since he would just be in a stroller. I went ahead and bought the costumes and accessories several weeks before Halloween. Dressing Savannah as Dorothy was going to require her to wear a wig, so I wanted to see what she would think of a wig with time to return it if she refused to wear it (which I thought would be highly likely).

To my surprise, not only did she not refuse to the wig, she LOVED wearing the wig! We referred to it as her "long hair" and she thought it was so much fun! She requested to wear her "long hair" several times in the days and weeks prior to Halloween, so she had a lot of practice for wearing it on Halloween. She also prefers to wear a dress just about every single day, so getting to wear the "Dorothy dress" was very exciting to her. And like her mommy, she already has a love for shoes making the red shoes just as fun as the rest of the outfit!

It was the first Halloween that Savannah understood getting to dress up.
 

Doesn't she look SO stinkin' cute?! And the wig is what made the whole look what it was because once she got tired of it, her "barely-there" blonde hair just didn't look the same as these long, brown braids!

And here is my soft, cuddly and cute little lion!

It was the first Halloween I got to dress up two little ones.
Sweet big sister and little brother.


On Saturday evening, downtown was the spot for going trick or treating. Last year, Savannah was NOT a fan of all the costumes and she was still pretty hesitant about them this year. Hudson was just content being pushed around in the stroller and seeing all the people.

It was the very first Halloween for Hudson.
It was a little cool that evening, so Hudson's lion costume help keep him nice and warm!

Savannah happily kept the wig on the entire HOUR that we were out, never once attempting to remove it!



We met up with Jason, Joy and cousin Keifer. Aunt Abby was with us, too!
It was the first Halloween with a cousin.
 

Joy and I didn't plan this, but both Hudson and Keifer were dressed as lions. Joy was much more ambitious than I was because she made Keifer's lion costume! How cool is that? THey both looked so cute and received a lot of "ooooo's" and "ahhhh's".





We were so happy that aunt Abby came with us because she is always such a BIG help and Savannah has a lot of fun with her!


 
It was the first Halloween that Savannah got to eat candy.
 

Our little family enjoyed a fun evening out and I just think our Dorothy and Lion are the sweetest little things EVER!


On Halloween night, we just went to a few houses in our neighborhood so our friends could see the kids. Savannah was just as excited to be wearing her costume again and kept saying "we go to more houses?" 

It was the first Halloween to go trick or treating to houses.
 
 Luckily, Savannah isn't much of a sweets/candy fan (and we almost never allow her to have candy). Occasionally, she'll want a sucker and she might eat a little chocolate at times, so that left us with a lot of candy. I sent most of it to Caleb's work to give to all the kids that come through there... after sneaking out a little chocolate stash for myself. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are so cute Amy...and can you believe that the little business we started so very long ago still goes on?

    ReplyDelete