Several things have happened in the past month with Hudson and my mind it still trying to catch up with the fact that he is five months old already! Every time he does something new, I think "he shouldn't be doing that yet... he is too young" and then realize that he's pretty much on the same developmental track as Savannah. The days are just going by much faster the second time around!
Five month stats:
Weight: 17 pounds 3 ounces (60th percentile)
Weight: 17 pounds 3 ounces (60th percentile)
Height: 2 feet 3.5 inches (91st percentile)
Clothing: Size 6 months (some 9 months)
Diapers: Size 2 (but we'll be moving into 3's after this box of 2's is gone)
Sleeping Habits:
A typical day starts at 8:30. Morning nap is usually from 10-12 and the afternoon nap from 2-4 (give or take 30 minutes for the length of napping). Bedtime is 7:30.
A typical day starts at 8:30. Morning nap is usually from 10-12 and the afternoon nap from 2-4 (give or take 30 minutes for the length of napping). Bedtime is 7:30.
Feeding Schedule:
For the first 2 weeks of this past month, Hudson was sleeping 12+ hours at night without a "during the night" feeding. I'm not sure how I got lucky during those two weeks, but he isn't doing that now. He wakes around 5 a.m. to eat, then nurses at 8:30, Noon, 3:30 and 7:00.
For the first 2 weeks of this past month, Hudson was sleeping 12+ hours at night without a "during the night" feeding. I'm not sure how I got lucky during those two weeks, but he isn't doing that now. He wakes around 5 a.m. to eat, then nurses at 8:30, Noon, 3:30 and 7:00.
Developmental:
He loves to roll from his back to his belly, but hates that he can't roll from his belly to his back. I'm constantly having to flip him over. He has found his toes and loves to grab them. He started sucking on his thumb for a few days, but doesn't do it any more.
Fun Facts:
He is ticklish on his chest and giggles so much! He is always trying to grab anything and everything in sight. And if he reaches it, he puts it directly into his mouth. Savannah can make him smile more than anyone else and he watches her every move! He is seriously one of the happiest babies I know and rarely cries.
Hudson ~
It's hard for me to believe that I'm already writing this "five month" post about my baby boy! I could really use a "pause" button right about now. The rate at which time is passing is simply unfair. I often sit back just to observe the all the little things about you and try to savor each one. Your sweet facial expressions, your chubby little fingers and hands, your contagious giggle, and so much more. I love you so much and am so very thankful for everything that you are!
No comments:
Post a Comment