Saturday, January 21, 2012

Family Picture Time


I have been wanting new "professional" pictures of Hudson for several months now {since the last time we had any taken of him, he was only 3 months old!}. I'm really not a fan of traditional studio pictures, in most cases, and was really wanting outdoor pictures done. One main problem: it's winter and everything outside is dead. There are no pretty colors, or even just greenery, and it's cold. Too cold for a 6 month old {or my now nearly 8 month old) to be outside long enough to capture a few descent pictures. I even had high hopes of getting pictures of Savannah and Hudson together {since the only "professional" ones of them together are Hudson's newborn pictures!}. And to press my luck even further, I was hoping for a family picture. Meaning, we'd have to do pictures on a weekend when Caleb was off work, therefore, limiting the days I had to choose from. 

I know, I know... I was wanting a lot!

Well, fortunately, this Texas winter has been rather mild and we've had several 60-70 degree days during the past month or so. And it just so happened that one of those pretty days fell on a Friday a few weeks ago! My sweet sister, Abby, agreed to meet up with my little family to take some pictures for me.

I was so excited when I saw that the temperatures were suppose to be in the high 60's, sunny, on a Friday and my sister was available {and willing} to spend some time taking our pictures. But that's about where my luck ran out. It was SO windy!! Making it feel much colder than a high 60 degrees. By the time we got to the location to take pictures {after naps}, the sun was already going down {at about 4pm}, Savannah was not in picture taking mood whatsoever, and Hudson's next feeding time was creeping up on us quickly.

We pressed on and I was going to be completely happy and satisfied if just got one or two descent pictures of each setting I listed {Hudson, Hudson + Savannah, and our family}. Nearly 200 pictures later, here are some of the ones I love...including the "bloopers".


Peek-A-Boo

 
 

 


Always stickin' out that tongue!

Sweet boy!
 

 

 


Silly girl... she finally started to co-operate and have FUN taking pictures.
 

 

 


The BEST and SWEETEST big sister, hands down!
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


We never got a family picture with everyone looking, but at least there is no crying.

I'm so very thankful for my sweet family!!


1 comment: