Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine Playgroup

I'm so glad that our little ever growing play group stills get together often for the kids to play and the moms to chat. Now that we've all had our second baby, and Jamie is due with her third baby in August, it's a little harder to get every one together as regular as we once did. And it's especially fun when we're all together for a holiday.

For Valentine's Day, our group met at Lani's house. Everyone brought a food dish to share with the group. I volunteered to bring cupcakes. So, on the night before {Sunday}, Savannah and I made cupcakes to share with our friends.


Always wanting to help in the kitchen.


My sweet baby girl.


Mixing in the sprinkles for the "funfetti" cupcakes.

We did half in hear shaped silicone cups and the other half in pretty paper cups.

Then we covered them with cherry icing {SO GOOD!} and added yummy heart-shaped sprinkles on top.

Because half of our play group is made up of nearly 3 year-olds and the other half is right around one year old, I made two different Valentine's that would be age appropriate.

For the other age group, I found this idea {with printable}. It is a small bottle of bubbles taped onto a card that reads "being your friend makes me BURST with joy."
 

I found this idea {with printable} for the younger kids of the group which used glow sticks.

We had a really good time playing and decorating a bag to hold all the valentine's for each child.












Decorating her goodie bag.

Hudson fell asleep in the car on the drive there {just after 10 a.m.} and didn't wake up until noon. I guess he really needed that sleep....since he decided to wake up an hour earlier than his usual time {which is already early enough!}. But once he was awake, he was ready to play!


It was a fun morning with our friends and we look forward to the next time our group gets together!


No comments:

Post a Comment