On Father's Day this year, our church was also doing a baby
dedication. This is the first one they've had since Hudson was born, I
figured it would be a great day to celebrate two special guys in our
family. I wanted to invited all the extended family and since that
includes several households now, I decided to send out little
invitations. Caleb made these for me:
(Sorry for the bad quality, I couldn't find the file on my computer so I just had to take a picture of the invitation.)
My nephew, Keifer, was also dedicated at the same time as Hudson, so it was fun to have more family to celebrate! There was a photographer of the church there to take photos of the dedication, but I haven't received any copies yet. Hudson was given a little bible as a gift for this special occasion.
Unfortunately, Caleb's parents were out of town this weekend, so they
weren't able to come. My whole side of the family was able to attend
church with us and then come over for lunch and swimming. Caleb grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and I made bought dessert! A chocolate chip cookie cake for the daddy's and a white cake for the special little boy.
We got full on some good food...
...and then we headed outside to swim!
Earlier, Abby discovered
she had a flat tire, so Kevin and dad gave her a lesson on how to change
it. I only got pictures once it was done, but she was proud of herself!
Among the many GREAT ideas I see on Pinterest, I found this one and decided to do it for Father's Day:
I thought of fun questions to ask Savannah about her daddy and then wrote down her answers. I think I'll do these same questions {plus maybe add some new ones} each year to see how her perspective changes as the years go by. And once Hudson is old enough to talk, I'll do one by him each year, too. It was funny to see what she knew that was completely spot on and then what other cute answers she gave when she didn't really know the answer.
I'm not sure how I managed to not get a picture of daddy and his kiddos, but I did get a picture of me with my sweet boy on his dedication day.
No comments:
Post a Comment