About a month
ago, Caleb and I decided that we were way over due for a little get
away. We haven't even attempted a get-away since Hudson was born. In
fact, I can't remember when or where we last went somewhere that
required packing a suitcase. Yeah, it was definitely time to have some
time away from our day to day life. While I'd love to go on a 'real'
vacation... you know, the kind where I would get to sleep in as late as I
wanted at an 'adult only resort, lounge on a beach all day, dress up
fancy for dinners and not have to cook or clean... we instead opted to
go as a family to Great Wolf Lodge. A place that is geared towards kids,
has no sandy beaches to be seen and dressing for dinner simply requires
wearing something over your swimming suit.
That
is were we went for a family 'get-away'. And I am grateful for it. I'm
grateful for the time away and grateful for quality time with my little
family.
My sister, Abby, came with us as a 'nanny' and to stay in the room during nap time and early bed times. We have been to GWL once before, back in September 2010.
Savannah was new to walking and shy about doing most things, but this
year was she had a lot more fun. Hudson was the new walker this year,
but he wasn't afraid to do anything we would let him.
Since we spent most of our time swimming, this is the best family photo we got during our little trip...getting ready to go play in the water!
This is the slide Savannah went down over and over again. Always on her belly. I was proud of her for doing this on her own (no double-riding allowed).
On our second day there, Savannah traded the yellow slide above for this yellow slide below. Well, for one ride anyways. I couldn't believe that I was able to get her to ride this BIG yellow slide because, again, no double-riding. She had to ride it alone. And it was FAST! Caleb waited for her at the bottom, where I just knew she would be hysterical. But, she came down happy and smiling...but not wanting to do it again.
One more family photo...
Look at these sweet babies!
Always being a good big sister and helping her little brother.
Me and my sweet boy at breakfast.
Good morning, Aunt Abby!
Yummy watermelon!
My sweet girl.
We had lots of fun playing in the 'kid zone' inside, but the weather was prefect for playing outside, too.
Each night, there was a story time in the lobby. We gathered around with lots of other people to watch and listen.
And Savannah was brave enough to go stand by Wylie the Wolf for a picture.
We also enjoyed a late night snack of ice cream!
We really had a great time away. The kids were REALLY good! Napped and slept well each day and just had fun doing something new. It was just the right amount of time away, not too far away and the perfect amount of fun. I can see us making this a annual family mini-vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment