Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Child Proofing

Savannah turned three years old last month and she has never once given us a reason to need to child proof our house with cabinet/drawer locks, much less door handle locks. But, in Hudson's mere 14 months of life, he has given us countless reasons to install both type of locks throughout our house.

We put the cabinet and drawer child-proof locks on several months ago. Recently, Hudson has learned that he can also open doors because all of the doors in our house have handles that you just pull down to open. For the most part, he just likes to open the doors {because he can} and then walk off. But, there are some doors that I'd rather just not have to worry about, or have extra security. Like the door that goes to our back yard {where there is a pool!} is a door that stays locked, but having a child proof lock, as well, helps ease my mind in the event that the door didn't get locked. 

And then there is the pantry door. I'm pretty sure Hudson would eat all day long if I let him, so now he thinks he is hot stuff going into the pantry on his own and finding something in reach to eat. Which is what happened a few days ago while I was doing laundry. 

I found him like this:





'Here ya go mom, I'll even share with you!'

And so, we put this lock on a few doors in the house to help ease my mind and the mess in the house!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I'm sorry to laugh but it is so funny...we have been having issues with doors in our house to because we live in an old house where the doors don't latch...so no privacy in the bathroom or our room...till we put up latches. We had to put one on the inside and outside of our door, especially with baby coming...kids are so funny!

    ReplyDelete