Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Shower Time

Ever since Hudson has been able to stand up, he insists on standing while taking a bath. For the longest time, I'd make him sit back down, but it was a never-ending vicious cycle. And it wore me out. So I eventually gave up and figured he's learn after falling a few times.

Well, he almost never falls. The few times he has, it didn't really phase him.

Recently, Caleb installed a hand-held shower head in the shower in our room. We let the kids take a shower in there just for fun and thinking it might be easier on us. As it turns out, it is easier and the kids LOVE it.


The shower is a big walk-in shower, so I usually stand in there {dressed} with them.



Hudson is able to stand, the water is running which is fun to play in and Savannah feels like a 'big' girl. She doesn't even want help washing herself any more. She just wants me to put soap or shampoo on her hand and then let her do the rest. 


Part of me hates that independent side of her {need time to sloooow down!}, but she is so proud of herself.

So bath time has turned in to shower time. Easy for mom, fun for the kids!

1 comment:

  1. I was really behind in pictures...Tirzah likes to stand up in the bathtub as well...so cute!

    ReplyDelete