I had remembered receiving a post card in the mail not long ago about a dance studio in a neighboring town. I knew I tucked that post card away thinking I might need that info one day. Luckily, I didn't have to search too hard to find it and I called to get a little information about what they offer.
The 3-4 year old class meets once a week for 45 minutes and the class consists of tap dance, ballet and tumble. For only $45 a month, 3-in-1 sounded like a great deal to me! They also have a recital in May.
I didn't know anyone who had a child enrolled at this studio, so I wanted to go check it out before deciding to enroll Savannah. I took her {and Hudson} with me to take a look and watch a little dancing that was going on. Savannah was captivated. She was so excited about the thought of dance class! I can remember taking tap dance and ballet classes with my best friend, Rachel. I was probably 4 years old when I started and I know how much fun it was for me, so I was super excited to sign up Savannah.
I enrolled her before we left, but her first class wouldn't be for another week. Thankfully, the class had just started the day before, so Savannah had not missed much. It also gave me time to go buy the leotard, tights, tap shoes and ballet shoes.
When the following Monday rolled around, Savannah was beyond excited to put on all of her special dance clothes! My sweet next door neighbor, Samantha, was sweet enough to come over and stay with Hudson so that I could stay to watch Savannah at her class. {The dance studio is tiny and there is no way I could have kept Hudson quiet and out of the way for 45 minutes.}

I thought she might be a little hesitant to go into a group of people that she had never met before, but she walked right on over to the group of girls {there were 10 plus Savannah} and tried to follow along as best she could to the moves.

While doing their ballet dancing, they play a few fun little games to help with their balancing.

The last part of class time is spent tumbling. Savannah is quite the 'rule follower' and the other girls in the class are sometimes a little all over the place {not just in tumbling, but the whole class time}. So she spends a lot of time concerned with what they are doing and why they are not doing what the teacher says.
{Savannah is doing a flip towards the far right side of this picture, with the help of the lady in the blue shirt.}
{Savannah is 2nd from the left.}
Savannah looks forward to dance class every week. Miss Sam as been so sweet coming to stay with Hudson each week so that I can watch Savannah and not have to sit in the car with Hudson. We also just found out that her class will be doing a little performance at our town's fall festival towards the end of October. It will be interesting to see how much these girls learn by then, but no matter what, it's sure to be entertaining!
*Hopefully I'll have a chance to upload of Savannah in dance class soon so check back.*
No comments:
Post a Comment