Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of School 2012

The big day has finally arrived and our house was full of excitement. Savannah picked out her outfit the night before, lunches were packed and new backpacks loaded {with a change of clothes because that's all they require at this age}.



Both of their schools start at 9 a.m. We took Savannah to her school first. She put her lunchbox and backpack in the basket labeled with her name, lined up with all the others. She is one of 4 girls and 8 boys!


Then she gave hugs and kisses to us all before walking right on into her class without looking back! Can you see all of that excitement in her face?


Ms. Cheryl helped her find the chair that had her name on it and then she sat down to get started on her first assignment of her three-year-old pre-school class.
I was so proud of how happily she started her first day of school and couldn't wait to hear all about it when class was over at 2:30.

She had a GREAT first day! After we were home, I received this picture text from Ms. Cheryl.
 
 I had included a note in Savannah's lunch and Ms. Cheryl said she loved it!

Hudson's first day was equally as good. He went to his teacher without a problem. No crying, no whining, no shirt pulling...nothing! I was a little shocked because he whines a little when I drop him off at the church nursery each week, but at the same time, I was proud of him.

His school day ends at 1:15, just in time for him to crash on the way home and take a good nap in his bed. It also means that he is pretty sleepy that last little bit of his time there. When I picked him up today, he had his paci and was hugging his Mr. Giraffe while sitting in Ms. Whitney's lap on the floor. I could tell he was tired, but he was excited to see me and ran right over to me.

Ms. Whitney said he had a great day and never cried. There are only 2 other children in his class...both are girls. =) Whitney included a note about his day in his bag and it said this:
What a sweet boy! Loved giving high-5's, reading books and playing toys with his new friends! Loved his lunch! Happy first day of MDO! 

A few of the reasons we choose to enroll them into these programs are for them to learn and experience new things, to help them socially by enabling them to interact with other children their age {without mommy and/or daddy always there} and for a little 'kid-free' time for Caleb and I each week. All of these goals are being met and this school year is off to a great start. I'm excited about all the fun things to come! I love seeing Savannah excited to learn and how well she does. Knowing that Hudson is also in a loving and fun environment to learn is exciting, too.

1 comment: