Thursday, February 28, 2013

Big Helper

I'm sure I've said it a thousand times, and I'll probably say it a thousand more times, but I am so thankful for how much Savannah wants to help. If I'm sweeping the floor, she wants to hold the dust pan. If I'm cooking dinner, she wants to help in some way. If I'm making the bed, she helps pull the blankets up and adds all the pillows for the finishing touch. 

She is a super big help with Hudson. She might only be two years older than him, but she thinks she's about 20 years older than him. She comforts him when he's unhappy about something. She helps him get a snack when he's hungry. She gets toys or books for him that he can't reach. She sings to him at nap time. That's just naming a few of the long list of things she does for him. She genuinely enjoys taking care of him.

A few days ago, I was emptying the dishwasher, and instead of watching the cartoon that I turned on for her, she came into the kitchen and said "Is there anything I can do for you, mom?" It was then that I let her help me unload the dishwasher for the first time. She loved every minute of it and has helped me unload it a few times since then. 



A few months ago, she wanted to help me fold laundry. I found all of her little panties and it was her job to straighten them and put them in a pile. That is now her job every time she is home and awake when I'm doing laundry. 


She also likes to put the dirty clothes in the washer and then over into the dryer.

She does so much more on a daily basis to help me or Hudson. I just love watching her be so willing to help and I hope this personality trait stays with her forever!

1 comment:

  1. So funny and cute, Gideon is like that in some ways and so is Trizah. Everyone tells me to take advantage of it because this is the best time they will like to help and that as they get older they won't like it as much. :-) I hope not...it's so nice!

    ReplyDelete