Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Disclaimer: This post includes many, many pictures! =)

On Wednesday, the day before Valentine's Day, we had a play date with our little friends from the Dallas area. My friend, Jamie, was brave enough to host our group at her house. Not everyone was able to make it, but there were still 4 moms and 9 kids (ages 6 weeks to almost 4 yrs old), not including Jamie and her 3 kids.


Besides running around playing, the kids got to decorate bags to collect their Valentine's cards in from their friends.




 


I forgot to take pictures of the Valentine's from my kids, but here is the idea I stole.
"You're a great catch!" was from Hudson. I found a free printable and just attached the card to a personal pack of goldfish.

Caleb re-created this card for me and I attached it to a personal pack of Teddy Grahams. 
 

I had decided about a month ago to make a special outfit for Savannah to wear on Valentine's Day. Realizing that there are only two other little girls in her class, I decided to make co-ordinating outfits for all three girls to wear. Just something easy, but cute. Savannah and her friends {Ranly on the left and Ashley on the right} wore their outfits to the class party on Valentine's Day.


To collect Valentine cards from their classmates, each child was asked to decorate a cereal box. Savannah had fun making her's and there were some really cute boxes made by the others kids.

 

 Here are a few that I was able to take pictures of:




While Mrs. Amy read a story to the class before lunch, the girls sat nicely in chairs while the boys were not sitting so still on the floor.


Funny how obviously different boys and girls are, just in those two pictures!

Savannah enjoyed her lunch with her friends and afterwards, she told me "I like it when you come have lunch with me."

It took a LOT of pictures of the three girls in order to get one with all looking forward and without a goofy face. Here are some of the "out-takes" for your viewing pleasure.









For teacher gifts, we gave them Burt's Bee Body Lotion and attached a paper heart which read "Will you BEE my Valentine?"
 

With Mrs. Amy

And with Mrs. Cheryl

I think this picture is SO sweet!

Savannah found her sassy side while taking all of these pictures. She started crossing her legs and putting her hands on her hips and Ranly was trying to do the same.
 

 After lunch and being silly together, Savannah and Ranly got their Valentine boxes to take home.

And then it was time to go get Hudson, but not without a couple more pictures.



I wanted to get some pictures of the kids together, so after Hudson took a nap, we went outside to play {and take pictures}.

 

Ohhhh, my sweet babies! They melt my heart.


And while we were outside, my parents and brother, Parker, stopped by. My dad brought a big chocolate "kiss" for Savannah and he asked her to be his Valentine. She said "yes." Parker brought me a bouquet of flowers. Isn't he a sweet little brother?!


Caleb took me out for dinner and a little shopping on Friday night. I am thankful for all of the love in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment