Savannah is always saying things that make me think to myself 'I always want to remember that.' So that's why I've decided to do a monthly post on the things she says that stick out as something super funny or sweet or just Savannah. I think it will be so fun to have these to look back on over the years. With that being said, welcome to the first post of "Savannah Says."
One day Savannah commented that her Uncle Jason takes air plane to work. So a few days later when we were outside and she saw an airplane she said "I think that's Jason going to work."
-------------------------------------------------
At 9:30 one morning, Savannah says "Mom, I really like to sleep. I wish I could sleep all day!" I asked her if she was tired and she replied "No, I just wish."
-------------------------------------------------
While riding her bike one evening, she was talking to herself and I heard her say "Come on girl, we can do this!"
-------------------------------------------------
After the massive tornado destroyed so much of Moore, Oklahoma, Savannah was helping me clean out closets to donate clothes. Caleb was at work and Hudson was napping, but I was getting clothes out of my closet and she asked "Is there a daddy living with them?" I told her yes and then she said "Well, when daddy comes home, I will tell him he needs to give his clothes to the daddy's."
-------------------------------------------------
We also cleaned out the playroom to donate toys and books. While I was taking books off the bookshelf to put in the bag, she said "Let me look at that and see if it's a good one." I thought that she would end up telling me she wanted to keep the books that she looked at. Instead, after looking at each book, she would say "Oh yeah, that's a good one! I think they will really like that one!"
-------------------------------------------------
Savannah {and Hudson} have a serious attachment to me. If I'm home, I'm not out of their sight for more than 2 minutes before they are on a mission to find me. Sometimes, after dinner and Caleb is home, I "hide" in my bedroom to give my ears a rest. Well, one night when I did this, approximately 2 minutes pass before I hear Savannah start asking Caleb where I am. This triggers Hudson to also start wondering where I am. Caleb tries to keep their attention on something else fun, but it's pointless. They won't give up until they find me or know I'm not home.
So the two of them start their hunt for me. Searching each room and calling out for me. Sometimes taking turns yelling and sometimes in unison, I hear "mommy.... mommmmy.... MOMMY!!" Caleb then tries to tell them that I'm not home to get them to end their search, but Savannah is smarter than that. She went to the garage door, opened it and saw my car. She told Caleb "Her car is in the garage. She can't just walk somewhere!"
At this point, their search has been going on for about five minutes and I'm trying to not laugh out loud. At one point, Caleb said "Why do you want mommy?" Savannah replied "Because we love her." Caleb asked "Why do you love her?" Savannah said "Because she cooks us good dinner." Then Caleb asked why they don't love him. Savannah said "I do love you. I just don't like you." She wasn't meaning it in a bad way, but she said it so serious.
It wasn't long after that that Savannah started getting sad that she couldn't find me, so I came out of hiding and laughed about the whole thing.
-------------------------------------------------
While I was busy putting laundry away one day, Savannah was "mothering" Hudson. She came to me holding an applesauce cup and asked me to open it for Hudson and that she would feed it to him. I opened it about half way and trusted than I wouldn't find applesauce smeared all over the furniture. When I came back into the living room, I stopped before the kids saw me. Savannah was holding the t.v. remote and pushed the pause button {she's recently learned how to do this and is very proud of it}. She asked Hudson which show he wanted to watch {not that she knows how to change the channel}. Then she said, "Okay, I think you will like this show." Then I walked in for them to see me and asked Savannah "What are you doing?" She yelled "I want to be a momma RIGHT NOW!"
-------------------------------------------------
(Disclaimer - This one might be a little gross)
The weather had been so beautiful and the kids were outside playing in the back yard. I decided to let Hudson go naked. It was evening time and he does all his dirty business by mid-afternoon. Within a few minutes of having his diaper taken off, I saw him standing on the edge of the concrete and a little fountain of pee-pee shooting into the grass. He was pretty excited about it.
Maybe 10 minutes later, he stopped in his tracks and before I could even move, he was pooping on the concrete. I knew I needed to get him away from it quickly as he was almost instantly reaching down to touch it. {EW! GROSS!} That's when Savannah yelled at him "DON'T TOUCH IT!!" Then proceeded to tell me, "Don't worry, I know all about poop. You don't touch it, don't walk in it, don't stomp in it." I quickly got Hudson out of the way and was thankfully able to clean the mess pretty quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment