Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Savannah Says {July}


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hudson was throwing a fit and Savannah said: "Hudson, are you having a melt down?"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Caleb told the kids they couldn't eat too much candy or their teeth would fall out. Without missing a beat, Savannah replied "Then the tooth fairy will come!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Our baby monitor broke, so we got a new one. This new one has the talk-back feature which allows you to talk through the monitor. It's great to use with Hudson, but I made the mistake of talking to Savannah through it one morning. She normally lays in bed, quietly, every morning until I go get her. I talked to her one morning through the monitor and told her she could get out of bed. Now she wants that to happen every morning. When I asked her why she didn't want me to come get her in the morning she said "because I'm a big girl now."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The kids were in the playroom while I was doing a little house cleaning when I overheard this from Savannah to Hudson: "No, I'm not going to play with you. You have to play on your own. I have to do some serious work." And then she went back to coloring a picture for Ranly...you know, that serious work!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We were looking at a book of her baby pictures when she asked "but where is Hudson?" I told her he wasn't even born yet. She quickly replied, "Oh, so you just had me and you loved it?"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Savannah: "Mom, is it okay if I sweep all this mess up by myself?"
Me: "Yes."
Savannah: "Okay, I just want to learn how to sweep all by myself so then when I'm bigger, I'll know how to sweep."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
She was playing {and singing} when I heard her say this: "Dear God, I love my mom. I love my dad. I love my brother. And I love myself. Amen."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We were walking into a restaurant when Savannah said: "Mom, when can I take a purse with me when we go somewhere?"
Me: "Maybe next time. Why do you want to take a purse?"
Savannah: "Because you do."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Savannah was wanting to dance and she needed a partner, so she turned to Hudson and said "Hudson, do you want to be my prince?"



1 comment:

  1. Too cute. Love those things they say at this age. Tirzah loves to take her purse everywhere...so girly!!!

    ReplyDelete