I went back to the birthing center today for my one month follow-up visit. It was a pretty simple and short appointment. Betty just asked how I was feeling physically and emotionally. She asked if I was having any 'baby blues' and I told her absolutely NOT! I told her I was loving every minute of being a mom!! She kept asking questions making sure I wasn't having problems with anything or making sure I didn't have questions about anything. Finally, she just said "So, you really do feel as good as you look?" Yep! I feel great and I guess my face shows it!
After my part of the appointment was over, I put Savannah on the scale to be weighted since she's a month old today! She now weighs 9lbs. 3ozs. Almost 2 pounds more than she did at birth. It kinda makes me sad that she is growing so fast. In fact, when Caleb and I pray at night, Caleb always prays "...please help Savannah to grow..." and I finally had to tell him "you wish for her to grow too fast...stop doing that!" After being weighted, they did a hearing test on her. And she passed! Thank goodness she doesn't have her daddy's hearing!
All the mid-wives were so happy to see Savannah. They kinda feel like family since I saw them so often for so long. They played such a big role in this big event of our life. I told them we would be sure to come visit periodically. I did have a few pictures to show them that our friend Melissa had taken and they really enjoyed looking at those.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment