And now that she is here, they say the sweetest things to me. Parker wants to hold her more than anyone. He also is ready to spend the night even though when I was pregnant he told me that he wouldn't be for a long time since I would have a crying baby. Now, he says, "Well, she is just so cute and she really doesn't cry." He calls me weekly just to "have a conversation" and to check on Savannah. He evens talks to her over the phone and tells her to be a good girl for mommy.
While we were on the canoe trip, I was holding Savannah while she slept when Landon came up to me. While looking at her, he patted me on the back, smiled and said "You are a good mommy." It seriously almost made me cry to hear my 8 year-old brother tell me that.
I love how much they care about and love their niece. They can't wait for her to grow up because they want to teach her everything they know...like how to do flips on the trampoline, climbs trees, etc. She is blessed to have so many people around her that love her as much as we all do.
No comments:
Post a Comment