With the wonderful weather we've been having recently (high's in the 70's or low 80's), Savannah and I have been spending as much time outside as possible. This afternoon, we were out there for almost two hours. She would have stayed out much longer, but I needed to get dinner started.
You might remember the fort that Caleb built for Savannah back in May. At the time, she really couldn't do much on it besides swing. And then, with the miserable Texas summer heat, we didn't go out to the fort for the past few months. But now, she can't get enough of playing on her fort! She absolutely LOVES to swing! I find it kinda funny because when she was a baby, she hated the infant swing. She likes to "climb" the rock wall (with help, of course) and walk around each level to climb the ladders. She's even getting brave with going down the slide with very little help.
So today, she got to do a little of all of that. We took a little snack with us and she ate her snack while sitting up in her fort. Just as happy as could be.
After eating all of her snacks, climbing around and being silly, I took her to play with her toys on the driveway. She liked pushing her toys up and down the driveway and was having such a good time!
Our house is just a few houses away from the end of a dead end street (a culdesac), so we really don't have much traffic at all! Where our driveway meets the road, there is a little bit of gravel. For some reason, she was completely consumed with picking up the rocks for at least 20 minutes. I sat beside her and she would place rock after rock in my hand and then, push them all off and start over again.
She is easily entertained and really good at entertaining herself. Sometimes, I like to just sit back and watch her. She amazes me. I really enjoyed our time outside together this afternoon. She makes me smile in so many ways and I am so, so thankful that God gave me such an awesome little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment