Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas: Part 3 {Our's}



Merry Christmas!!

Christmas Day at our house was rather low-key and laid back, but enjoyable just the same. Since we didn't have to rush off to someone's house like we typically do, we got to lounge around and just enjoy the time together as a family. 

The kids were up shortly after 8:00 and Savannah was excited to see that Santa had come! She was excited to open more presents and even to help Hudson with his gifts. Hudson didn't really want to sit still long enough to open gifts, but he had fun playing with everything that he could get his hands on.

I wanted to get a cute brother-sister picture before opening gifts and here is what we ended up with.
 

 

 

 


Then we got started with the gift opening!

I didn't do my best with picture taking this year. Poor Hudson's first Christmas wasn't as well prepared or documented as Savannah's. Maybe next year I'll be on top it all a little better. :)

I am extra blessed during the Christmas season to know what it is really all about. God sending his only Son to this earth to live and die for us. For all of us. Cleansing us of our sins if we chose to accept the most wonderful gift ever given. And ever since having children of my own, the reality of what a loving and self-less act that is, makes me all the more grateful. I am thankful to know and serve a God with such unconditional love and unlimited forgiveness. I hope each of you also know the true meaning of Christmas and are able to enjoy the holidays with those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment