At school, the kids have assigned seating and it has been the same since day 1. There are 8 boys and 4 girls in Savannah's class, so they have 4 boys and 2 girls at each table. Ranly sits at the same table as Savannah, right across from each other. Ranly is also in Savannah's dance class and is rather shy, like Savannah can be. But I guess their personalities completely mesh, because their teachers say they are inseparable at school. And if one of them isn't there for some reason, the other seems "lost".
Today, Ranly's mom {Aubrey} brought her over to play. This was the first time Savannah has had just a little girl friend {her age} come over to play. Our usual play dates consist of several children and most of the kiddos that are Savannah's age are boys. I'm not sure who was more excited, me or Savannah!
It took both girls about 2 minutes to get 'comfortable' and then it was non-stop giggling, dancing, singing and hand-holding. It was so sweet watching them run up and down the hall together, putting on dress-up clothes and dancing while singing. They got along so well, never getting "bored" with each other or "bothered" by something the other did. Aubrey said that when she told Ranly they were going to Savannah's house to play, Ranly said "I'm going to my sister's house!"
Savannah might not have a "real" sister {yet!}, but I sure am thankful for this sweet friendship that they share.


They love to hug each other and hold hands! After playing at the house for a couple of hours, we took the girls to eat lunch at the local pizza place.

Savannah spent the rest of the day talking about all the fun she had with Ranly and wondering when she can go to Ranly's house or have her come over again. I admit, I can't wait to get these two together for another play-date soon! They are so sweet together and I especially love for Savannah to have such a great girl friend, even at this young age.
It reminds me of me and my best friend at this age, Rachel Davis. We went to church together and were also in dance together. We stayed best/close friends through middle school and then our lives took us different ways, but we are still good friends to this day! I hope this is the beginning of a life-long friendship for Savannah and Ranly!
No comments:
Post a Comment