I am so thankful that they behave and obey as well as they do. No, I'm not saying they are perfect or that don't make me go crazy at times, but I know I've seen way worse. Savannah has always been a "people pleaser" and "rule follower", so I've really never had issues with her {yet}. There was a time with Hudson, when he first started walking, that I wasn't sure I was up for the challenge he might be as a toddler. He tested the limits way more than Savannah ever has and I thought he was going to turn my dark hair grey too soon!
But, knock on wood, he is proving himself be pretty obedient and well-behaved.
For example, Savannah has always held my hand or at least stay right beside me when we are out in public. I never worried about her running off. When Hudson first started walking, he did like to run off. It was like a game to him. And he hated to hold hands. He would drop to the ground and make me drag him or pick him up, but holding hands was not something he was interested in. But he's changed his attitude towards hand-holding. The other day, I took both kids {on my own} to Hobby Lobby. Hudson held Savannah's hand from my car in the parking lot, to the very back of the store. Never fussing, stopping, or touching a thing.
I can take them out to lunch and they both sit to eat their meal without being in a high-chair or booster seat. I can take them grocery shopping {or any shopping} and neither try to grab things off the shelves. Hudson rarely tries to run away from me now and if I tell him to stop, he does immediately.
Again, they are not perfect, but it's not nearly as bad as I had anticipated. I sure am thankful for these two little munchkins!

No comments:
Post a Comment