Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Photo of the Day

I took my mom to lunch today and left the kiddos at her house to play. Originally, I thought Parker and Landon would be there to play and Abby would be there to "supervise". Well, this morning, Abby text me saying she wasn't feeling good {the flu and all kinds of sickness has been wide spread} so I told her to stay away from my kids! 

When I was on my way up to my parents house, I called my mom to see if she wanted me to pick up lunch for the boys while I was getting lunch for Savannah and Hudson. That's when she told me that Landon was going over to a friend's house to play and Parker was asleep because he had been out with a church group all night for New Year's Eve.

That's when I thought Savannah and Hudson might be joining us for lunch. Ha! But, my dad stepped in. He was home and said he'd take care of Savannah and Hudson while mom and I went to eat.


Just minutes after sitting down at lunch, I got a text from Abby. It was this picture and the words "playing dress up dolls... she is telling him everything about matching and they're pretending that dad's doll is a boy."

 

It made me smile seeing my dad sitting there playing "paper dolls" with his first grandchild, his only granddaughter, my little girl. I love it! And Savannah had a blast!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment