Monday, March 25, 2013

Disney {Magic} Cruise - Day 4 & 5

It's always hard to accept that it's the last day of vacation. I am never ready for it to end and this vacation was no exception. But, this was our last full day on the ship, so we enjoyed every minute of it! 

We started our morning with breakfast outside on the ship's deck. It was muggy and a little overcast, but breakfast was great!



{Yes, Hudson has a Fruit Loop in his mouth!}

I sure do love my little family!!


The "princess gathering" took place again this morning and as much as I wanted Savannah to have her picture taken with them again, the long was once again ridiculously long, so we went to see a couple of the other characters instead.

Alice, from Alice in Wonderland



We missed Captain Jack Sparrow last night on Pirate's Night, so we caught up with him today.




Not only did we meet Captain Hook, but we also got to meet the captain of our ship!


By the time we were done doing that, the princess gathering was coming to an end. A staff member noticed Savannah watching the princesses and he told us that after they were finished with everyone in line, he would let Savannah walk down the hall with her favorite princess as they left. Well, Savannah was being a little shy and didn't really tell him who her favorite was of the five princesses there. So, she just decided to walk with Cinderella and Belle. She was in heaven!










We spent a little time outside just letting the kids play before lunch. We even got to watch a movie on the mega screen outside by the pool. Then Hudson went down for his nap while Savannah got to hang out in the Oceaneer's Club {which she was always so excited about}. 



And that meant some rest and relaxation by the pool for Caleb and I. The warm sun, a good drink and live music all made for a perfect little break in my day. 



We took Hudson to the Flounder's Reef Nursery after he woke up from his nap and while we got ready for dinner. We started taking him there on the second night, just for one hour so Caleb and I could shower and get ready for dinner without him getting into everything in the room.

Flounder's Reef Nursery is a place for children ages 3 months to 3 years old. It is open from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. and costs $6 per hour. They limit how many children are in there at a time according to how many staff were in there. I'm not exactly sure, but I think they limited it to 10 children with 2 caretakers. So it was best if you reserved the time you wanted to ensure your child could be in there then.

Hudson LOVED it! There was a small slide, lots of trucks and toys, books, a movie playing, etc. The caretakers fed them meals/snacks and there was a separate room for napping babies (I didn't know that until the last day). It was nice to have a place for Hudson to go play with some of his favorite things.


 Dinner was fantastic, as always, and we had pictures taken with our great waiters!









The show tonight was a combination of several Disney stories in one. Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Aladdin and more! I wish I could have video taped Hudson the whole time because watching him as he watched the show was so cute! All the shows were so good {each one lasting about 50 minutes} and I wish we could take the kids to live theater like that often!


The last thing we got to do for the night was attend the "Farewell Character Dance Party". Most, if not all, of the characters were scattered around two levels of the ship and a DJ playing music. You could have your picture taken, get autographs or just dance with them and not have to wait in any lines. I thought it was a lot of fun. I think the kids thought it was a little overwhelming. =) 






 

And Savannah got one last picture with Cinderella and Belle.



DAY 5

After a good night of sleep, Caleb went to the breakfast buffet and brought food back to our room for us. We had to finish packing our bags and get ready to debark the ship. Savannah slept until about 8:30, even with the lights on and us being loud with all the packing. We were off the ship and in the truck by 9:30, but Savannah was already asking when we could go on a Disney cruise again. When we got home, it was raining and the temperature was in the 40's. I was wishing I could go back to the afternoon before... the pool with sunshine and 80 degree temperatures. 


 

And for those wondering, here is a picture of most of the goodies we received in our FE. 
 

 The whole experience was better than we could have asked for! We feared this "vacation" would end up being more work than enjoyable, but we were wrong. Even with as young as Savannah and Hudson are, it was perfect for them. The staff were always patient and willing to do anything they could to help, if needed. I felt like they really paid attention to which kids belonged to who and made sure we never got separated. We have taken my sister with us on vacations in the past, as a "nanny", but even without her this time, I felt like we always had people keeping a good eye on our kiddos. There were plenty of options for things to do, even though we didn't have a chance to do most of it. Click here to view the website with more information about entertainment on the ship. 

We really can't wait to go on our NEXT Disney Cruise!

No comments:

Post a Comment