Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Celebrations + An Exciting Annoucement

As Christians, Easter means far more to us than candy-filled eggs and a bunny, but with little kids, those are a fun bonus to the holiday. This week us full of fun Easter celebrations!

On Tuesday, Savannah's class had their party. First was the egg hunt. Each child took a dozen eggs to school with one name of a classmate per egg. Therefore, Savannah would find a dozen eggs, all of which had her name on them. And same went for the other kids. 

 
Savannah and her BFF, Ranly, had fun together and "helping" each other find the eggs with their name on it. 








The sweet girls in the class: Ranly, Savannah and Ashley

The whole class...



Once all the eggs were found, we went back into the classroom for lunch.




On Wednesday, our little play group had an Easter party. Pizza and an egg hunt!






Thursday, Hudson's class had a little egg hunt. There are only 2 little girls in his class, so it was a small event. His sweet teacher, Whitney, took pictures of him for me. These pictures are such a typical Hudson!




 

After his nap that afternoon, I took the kids to the local mall to have pictures taken with the Easter bunny. We met Ranly and her mom there, too. I remember how terrified Savannah was of the Easter bunny last year, so I didn't have high hopes for a picture this year. But, she completely surprised me and all but ran up to the Easter bunny, give him a high-five and a hug! Hudson and Ranly didn't want to get anywhere near him. Savannah just stood right by him, trying to convince her little brother and her best friend that he was nice.



I guess all of those characters in costume on the cruise really helped her step up her bravery! After a good 10 minutes, we were finally able to convince Ranly to come sit on his lap, but Hudson completely lost it when I tried to set him on the Easter bunny's lap.

Good Friday, we had spent most of the day together as a family and enjoyed a night at the carnival!

Our church was having six (yes, 6) Easter services between Saturday and Sunday. We chose to go to a Saturday afternoon service, to help free up some seats for Easter morning.









Easter Sunday, we still went to church in the morning because Caleb and I had both volunteered to help in different areas. Between the six services, 85 people accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior!







We had both of our families (and a few friends) over for dinner that evening...18 adults and 2 little cousins. Caleb had smoked ribs, a pork loin and some chicken. It had rained the night before and earlier in the day, but by the time everyone came over, the sun was shinning and the weather was perfect!






We had one last egg hunt with the four little cousins after dinner. Watching them pick up all the eggs was so fun! 





If these expressions don't just scream excitement, I don't know what does! Love it!







Jace (Caleb's brother's little boy) only cared about the raisins and Hudson only cared about the chocolate.



We tried to get a good "cousin" picture, but this is the best we could get.



We were also told some exciting news at dinner. Congratulations to Jason and Joy who are expecting baby #2 in November! We are so excited to have another cousin and niece or nephew in the family!

2 comments:

  1. Your family is so amazingly cute looking! And I am so excited for Jason and Joy!!! Yay!!! Have fun with Zach and Amy...wish we were coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks Steph! We're excited to see Zach and Amy and to meet Asher! Hopefully we'll see you soon! *PS - I emailed you a little more cruise details...let me know if you didn't get it because I'm not sure if I have your correct email address.

    ReplyDelete