Tuesday, September 3, 2013

2013 School Year Begins


This afternoon the kids had "Meet the Teacher" for the upcoming school year. I am so excited that Savannah and Hudson will both be that the same school, at the same time, in classrooms right across from each other.

Of course Savannah and her BFF, Ranly are in the same class together. Yes, Ranly's mother and I planned that.


Ms. Besty {left} was Caleb's kindergarden teacher! She taught kindergarden for over 20 years and this is her first year at the Wee School. Ms. Natalie {right} is also a new teacher's aide, but her son was in Savannah's class last year, so we got to know her then. 


There are 5 girls and 7 boys in her class this year. This is the schedule for her class.


Hudson made himself right at home in his new classroom. There are 7 boys and 5 girls in his class and I'm pretty sure he's the biggest of them all. His teacher, Ms. Beth, has taught the 2 year old class for several years and I've heard wonderful things about her!



The aide in his class is Ms. Tasha and she already loves Hudson! I can tell she is super great with this age group and I'm excited for all the fun Hudson will have with her!


This is his schedule.

Everyone was so excited for the first day of school. And first day of school pictures went well.





Having Caleb home in the morning on the days they go to school is nice. He is always good at helping make lunches and getting the kids out the door and loaded up for me. Because anyone who knows me, knows I am inevitably late for everything. He helps me not be so late. We even got there just in time to walk into school with Ranly.



Hudson walked right on in and sat down to start work on his fine motor skills activity. His teaches said he had a great first day. He obeyed well and napped just fine on his nap mat. The one comment they made that stood out most to me was "He sure does like to ask a lot of questions!" Yep, that he does.



Savannah went in to her class without any problems and was happy to be at the same table as Ranly {they have assigned seats}. Ranly and a boy named Carter are the only two kids in her class this year that were also in her class last year. She is excited to make new friends!



When I picked her up, she was all smiles! She had a great first day and the comment that her teachers made about her was "She's so quiet!" And she will be all year because that's just how she is... quiet. 




Neither of my kids eat much lunch while at school. In general, they aren't don't eat a huge amount at lunch, but I'm sure the mid-morning snacks don't help either. So when we get in the car, they are both SO hungry and end up eating their lunch once we get home {at nearly 3 pm}. While they eat, I go through their folders to see what they made and any notes from the teacher. In Savannah's folder, I found this picture. The first time she has ever drawn a picture of a person.




Each child was given a paper with the circle already drawn and they were instructed to color a picture using the circle. Savannah said she was trying to make a sunshine. Somehow, she decided to turn that sunshine into a portrait of me.

And when I pulled this picture out of her folder, I smiled so big. I love it. I love that it's the first time she's drawn picture of a person and that person is her momma. 
I hung this work of art on our fridge and it was most certainly go into a "keep forever" box. I can't wait to see what other pieces of art work she brings home this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment