Playing with babies and she says {about the baby}: "She's going to sit in the rain and chill out."
*******************
First day of school, when I picked her up, she said "Mom, school day was GREAT!"
*******************
She was talking about crosses and commented that Jesus died on the cross. Then she asked me why. I explained that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and then we had this little conversation...
Savannah: What are sins?
Me: {I explained what sins are.}
Savannah: When am I going to die? {Seriously, why does she ask me this question? I hate when she wants to know when she will die...I really don't even want to think about that!}
Me: When God decides you need to be in heaven...when you are really old!
Savannah: Oh, like when I'm 10?
Me: Well, hopefully older than that!
Savannah: Okay, maybe 17.
Me: {Praying to God that he let's me have her for more than 17 years!}
And then as I tried to get off this conversation of death, she ended with: "He {Jesus} saved us!" And that made me smile.
*******************
Getting out of the car to play at the play ground she randomly told me this:
"Mom, you know what? I just realized that four isn't a very big number. I realize that 10 is the biggest number."
Haha, 'realize' was apparently her newfound word of the day!
*******************
Packing lunch for school and including smarties as a treat and Hudson wanted his now, she said:
"Why did Hudson want his candy now? He is suppose to eat lunch first. You have to eat healthy food before you eat candy."
And she fully obeys this rule, on her own!
*******************
On the way home from school:
Savannah: Mom, when do we get to go live with Jesus in heaven?
Me: Whenever God says our time on earth is done.
Savannah: What is earth?
Me: {explained what earth is} Why do you want to go to heaven?
Savannah: Because I want to see it and I love Jesus!
*******************
While practicing her writing, she wrote the word 'mom' and then when she finished, I asked her if she wanted to write my 'other' name {Amy}. When she got to the letter M in 'Amy', she asked if it was an 'M' like in my "real" name {mom}.
*******************
Randomly: Mom, I want to be a cheerleader when I grow up."
*******************
Abby came to baby-sit and was wearing athletic/basketball shorts and a t-shirt. Savannah came to me while I was finishing getting ready, with a sad look on her face because she didn't want me to leave. When I asked her what was wrong, this what the conversation that took place:
Savannah: I don't want Abby to hold me. {Because she didn't want me to leave.}
Me: Why not? She just likes to love on you, like I do.
Savannah: Well, why is she wearing those shorts and that shirt?
Me: {caught totally off-guard} Because she likes it and maybe she thinks it's pretty.
Savannah: {with a look of shock and disbelief} She likes that?! Do you think it's pretty? It looks like boy clothes!
All I could do was laugh. And then I told Abby about it. Then later, while Caleb and I were out at dinner, I got a text from Abby saying this
"Last thing Savannah asked me as I am putting her to bed: 'Why are you wearing boy shorts?' All I could do was laugh. Thanks."
Haha, it is funny that my little 4-year-old is so into fashion. She is most certainly is my child!

No comments:
Post a Comment