I enrolled Savannah in the Mom's Day Out (MDO) program at a nearby baptist church. Last week, we went for meet the teacher day. Savannah loved it! She had so much fun with the new toys and things to climb on. The program is available on Tuesday's and Thursday's from 9:30am - 2:30pm and follows the regular school schedule. I choose to enroll Savannah for Tuesday's only. The teachers told me about the schedule of activities for the day and I was so excited for a little "free-time" one day a week. Savannah's day at school would include: indoor playtime, craft/coloring, story/song time, outdoor playtime, lunch and then naps. Her class is made up of 6 boys and one other girl, with two teachers.
Here are pictures from "meet the teacher day":
Today was the big day. I was so excited with a hint of nervousness. I had to wake Savannah up at 9:00 (sleepy head!), get her dressed and let her eat her waffles on the drive to school.
Once there, her teacher led her back to the classroom and she immediately started crying. I felt sure that she would calm down in a few minutes and play well with the other children. I went off to run some errands and enjoyed the first couple hours just fine. By lunch time, I couldn't quit thinking about what Savannah might be doing. Did she eat her lunch? Did she take a nap? Did she have fun? I missed her!!When it was finally 2:30 and I went to get her, she was happy and so excited to see me! I asked her teacher how she did and she told me "she had a rough day." She went on to say that she cried for a lot of the morning and didn't want to play. She didn't eat much lunch (but then again, she ate breakfast only two hours earlier). She did, however, take a one hour nap. And when she woke up from that, she was much happier. The teacher (as well as a few other moms there) assured me that it just takes them a couple of weeks to get used to the new setting and then things are fine. I hope they are right! I know my little girl needs to learn to be "Okay" without mommy for a few hours. We'll see how next week goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment