Saturday, August 28, 2010

Meeting Bob and Larry

This afternoon, Savannah and I went on a "date". I took her to meet the Veggie Tale characters, Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber, at the Christian Bookstore. The "event" also had face-painting, a radio station having give-a-ways and the local fire department with a fire truck and ambulance.
We got in line for our turn to meet Bob and Larry. I thought Savannah would be a little afraid given our most recent experience with a mascot figure, And I was right. She freaked OUT! I had asked the man in line behind us to take pictures for me. He's a man...not so much into picture taking...so this is what I got:
After that not-so-pleasant (but kinda funny) experience, we headed outside to see the big fire truck and the ambulance. The firemen were kind and took pictures for me. The one with my camera must be a dad. Look at these good pictures he took...zoomed in and all:
And then I took these of just Savannah:
After all this fun, we went down the road to eat lunch at Panera Bread. Lunch was followed by a grocery shopping trip and then home for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment